Burning After Urination
Passing a kidney stone can be traumatic to your urinary tract.
Burning after urination may be one of the symptoms. This could be the
result of a couple of things. One could be that the kidney stone is so
large that it irritated the
ureter and urethra.
Secondly, it could be a discomfort resulting from a
or urinary tract infection.
Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination. There is a
general discomfort in the nether regions and can have a number of
-Irritation due to kidney stones, catheters or sexual contact
The medical treatment ususally involves antibiotics, prescribed by a Doctor.
My favorite treatment for a bladder infection is cranberry juice!
During a recent kidney stone episode, I had experienced
discomfort in the bladder region prior to passing the stone. I started
to drink cranberry juice and within 24 hours I passed the stone.
As I bent down to work on some floor tile, I felt a sharp pain in
my urethra. Sure enough I could feel something in there that was not
comfortable. I went to the restroom to urinate and that is when the calcium oxalate stone passed.
You can see them at the kidney stone picture page.
I usually can tell when a kidney stone is about to pass into my
ureters by a distinct pain in my kidneys when I either lie down or sit
in a reclining position. The pain is sometimes sharp and very
I have also had an attack initiated by a sharp blow to the groin
when my son jumped into my lap. Sure enough, the next day I started to
feel a stone descending down my left ureter. I was able to retrieve the
stone a few days later by reaching into the toilet to get it. I could
have used one of these:
The Citrate Solution
Kidney Stone Anatomy
Kidney Stones in Pregnancy
Kidney Stone Pain
How to Avoid Kidney Stones
Dissolving Kidney Stones
Cranberry Juice and Kidney Stones
Leave Burning After Urination and Return to Kidney Stone 911 Homepage
My recommended water filter
"Be Yourself"-Launch Your Inner Entrepreneur
Your Kidney Stone Story
A Kidney Stone Forum
Have a kidney stone horror story?
What is your best kidney stone pain reliever?
What is your favorite kidney stone herbal remedy?
How big was the stone?
What changes have you made in your lifestyle and/or diet?
What advice would you give to other kidney stone sufferers?
Share you kidney stone product recommendations.
The best entry will be selected monthly and included in the KS911 Newsletter.
What Other KS911 Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
7mm stone Not rated yet
Guys I dont know where to start this stone has been passing for 2 years now it has been ruling my life as I am trying to pass it with no surgery. I have …
Click here to write your own.
- Kidney Stone Pain
- You need kidney stone pain relief and need it fast! Here are some immediate pain killers to take the edge off while you figure out what to do next.
- Kidney Stone Symptoms
- What are some kidney stone symptoms?
- Kidney Stone Causes
- What are some kidney stone causes? Diet for kidney stones.
- How To Prevent Kidney Stones
- If you have recently suffered from a kidney stone attack you are probably wondering how to prevent kidney stones from developing in the future.
- Kidney Stone Treatments
- Various kidney stone treatments from extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy to laser surgery.
- Types of Kidney Stones
- Kidney stone hall of fame. Different types of kidney stones.
- Kidney Stones Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stones pictures
- Share Your Kidney Stone Story
- Looking for a place to share your kidney stone story? This is it. Read what other's have said and learn from their experience. Recipes, images, remedies, etc.
- Passing a Kidney Stone
- How do you control the pain when passing a kidney stone? Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and lots of water.
- Symptoms of Dehydration
- One of the surest symptoms of dehydration is the presence of kidney stones.
- Diet for Kidney Stones
- The best diet for kidney stones considers: oxalate, animal protein, sodium, fruits and vegetables.
- Kidney Stone Surgery
- When the stones are too large to pass on their own and other options have been tried, you may have to have kidney stone surgery to remove the dreaded stone(s).
- Kidney Anatomy
- Picture of kidney anatomy and urinary tract.
- The Kidney Stone 911 eBook!
- Kidney Stone 911 eBook your no fluff, no bull, no non-sense kidney stone treatment and prevention. A reliable and concise, “all-in-one place” resource that can be read off-line.
- Kidney Stone Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stone pictures.
- Kidney Stone Book Reviews
- KS911 kidney stone book reviews-paperbacks, ebooks, kindle books, etc.
- Kidney Stone Videos
- A collection of medical kidney stone videos as well as some humourous ones.
- Kidney Stone Shop
- The Kidney Stone Shop: supplements, herbal remedies, books, natural cures.
- Here's the latest!
- A place for kidney stone sufferers to share their experiences, episodes and photos.
- Kidney Stone Removal Report by Joe Barton
- A review of Joe Barton's Kidney Stone Removal Report.
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones: Potassium citrate has proven most effective in preventing and reducing existing kidney stones.
- Kidney Stone 911
- Contact Kidney Stone 911
- Medical Disclaimer
- Medical Disclaimer for Kidney Stone 911
- My Story
- My story has two themes: discontent and pain. Passing a kidney stone: a personal journey.
- Kidney Stone Glossary
- A comprehensive kidney stone glossary. Common kidney stone terms.