Flomax for Kidney Stones
In some cases your Physician may recommend Flomax for kidney stones.
Otherwise know as Tamulosin, an alpha-adrenoceptor antagonist, or
Tamsulosin has proven effective in promoting kidney stone passage
through the ureter by not prohibiting the natural, spontaneous
peristalsis of the
. Peristalsis is the undulating movement that progressively "pushes" the lodged stone down the ureter and into the bladder.
In effect, Tamsulosin relaxes any spasmodic episodes of the ureter while leaving the stone moving peristalsis intact.
Problems occur when the ureter begins to spasm around the
lodged stone. This works against the peristalsis. Delayed stone
passage is the result, not to mention extreme pain!
While Tamsulosin is not a
cure for kidney stones
, it has been used by some Physicians to treat kidney stones.
If you have had experience with using Flomax, consider sharing your experience with others. KS911 is read by thousands of people every month looking for first-hand experience from kidney stone sufferers.
Please take the time to give us your feedback regarding Flomax.
You'll be glad you did!
Here is a KS911 Reader Submission regarding Flomax:
size calcium oxalate stone that was laser-blasted in surgery
several months I was experiencing some right back pain, which at
times was extremely uncomfortable. Lying down in bed and resting
seemed to relieve it. I just thought I had pulled my back out picking
up grandkids, or that perhaps I was constipated and that was causing
me to have pain, or??? Then I started noticing that the pain was
moving to my right groin area. The pain would often recede and
return, and taking a hot bath and/or Aleve seemed to help.
even considered it being a kidney stone. Did not have what I thought
to be symptoms consistent with that...now I look back and can see the
signs. It just seemed to be a mixture of lots of things happening,
with nothing clearly indicated. At 53 yrs. of age I was baffled
because I thought I knew my body better. Read more...
Return from Flomax for Kidney Stones to Kidney Stone 911 Homepage
Kidney Stone Treatments
Herbal Remedies for Kidney Stones
Kidney Stone Surgery
Kidney Stone Ureteral Stent
Kidney Stone Medication
Other Online Kidney Stone Natural "Cures"
My recommended water filter
"Be Yourself"-Launch Your Inner Entrepreneur
Your Kidney Stone Story
A Kidney Stone Forum
Have a kidney stone horror story?
What is your best kidney stone pain reliever?
What is your favorite kidney stone herbal remedy?
How big was the stone?
What changes have you made in your lifestyle and/or diet?
What advice would you give to other kidney stone sufferers?
Share you kidney stone product recommendations.
The best entry will be selected monthly and included in the KS911 Newsletter.
What Other KS911 Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
- Kidney Stone Pain
- You need kidney stone pain relief and need it fast! Here are some immediate pain killers to take the edge off while you figure out what to do next.
- Kidney Stone Symptoms
- What are some kidney stone symptoms?
- Kidney Stone Causes
- What are some kidney stone causes? Diet for kidney stones.
- How To Prevent Kidney Stones
- If you have recently suffered from a kidney stone attack you are probably wondering how to prevent kidney stones from developing in the future.
- Kidney Stone Treatments
- Various kidney stone treatments from extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy to laser surgery.
- Types of Kidney Stones
- Kidney stone hall of fame. Different types of kidney stones.
- Kidney Stones Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stones pictures
- Share Your Kidney Stone Story
- Looking for a place to share your kidney stone story? This is it. Read what other's have said and learn from their experience. Recipes, images, remedies, etc.
- Passing a Kidney Stone
- How do you control the pain when passing a kidney stone? Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and lots of water.
- Symptoms of Dehydration
- One of the surest symptoms of dehydration is the presence of kidney stones.
- Diet for Kidney Stones
- The best diet for kidney stones considers: oxalate, animal protein, sodium, fruits and vegetables.
- Kidney Stone Surgery
- When the stones are too large to pass on their own and other options have been tried, you may have to have kidney stone surgery to remove the dreaded stone(s).
- Kidney Anatomy
- Picture of kidney anatomy and urinary tract.
- The Kidney Stone 911 eBook!
- Kidney Stone 911 eBook your no fluff, no bull, no non-sense kidney stone treatment and prevention. A reliable and concise, “all-in-one place” resource that can be read off-line.
- Kidney Stone Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stone pictures.
- Kidney Stone Book Reviews
- KS911 kidney stone book reviews-paperbacks, ebooks, kindle books, etc.
- Kidney Stone Videos
- A collection of medical kidney stone videos as well as some humourous ones.
- Kidney Stone Shop
- The Kidney Stone Shop: supplements, herbal remedies, books, natural cures.
- Here's the latest!
- A place for kidney stone sufferers to share their experiences, episodes and photos.
- Kidney Stone Removal Report by Joe Barton
- A review of Joe Barton's Kidney Stone Removal Report.
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones: Potassium citrate has proven most effective in preventing and reducing existing kidney stones.
- Kidney Stone 911
- Contact Kidney Stone 911
- Medical Disclaimer
- Medical Disclaimer for Kidney Stone 911
- My Story
- My story has two themes: discontent and pain. Passing a kidney stone: a personal journey.
- Kidney Stone Glossary
- A comprehensive kidney stone glossary. Common kidney stone terms.