Natural, Safe and Effective: Kidney Stone Herbal Remedy
There are many natural cures for kidney stones and a kidney stone
herbal remedy may be your preferred method of dealing with
• Aloe Vera juice
• Ginko biloba extract
• Goldenseal extract (limited and never during pregnancy)
• Lobelia and yam tincture (15 drops in glass of warm water relaxes ureters and relieves pain)
• Marshmallow root tea (cleanses kidneys)
• Uva ours (relieves pain and bloating)
• Gravel root
• Juniper berries
Nettles have long been used as a diuretic. The idea being that if one
urinates more frequently, the urine will be more diluted and therefore
less likely to form kidney stones through crystallization.
Wanna make some nettle tea? Go for it but be careful! Have you ever mistakenly walked through a patch of stinging nettles? OUCH!
Grab some nettle leaves...the smaller ones are less bitter. Boil said leaves and sweeten. Voila! Enjoy!
Asparagus root, birch leaf, couch grass, goldenrod, horsetail,
lovage, parsley, and stinging nettle are herbs that all have diuretic
properties thus increasing urine volume that is beneficial in reducing
kidney stone buildup.
Chanca Piedra ("stone crusher")
A kidney stone herbal remedy from South America called Chanca Piedra. Has it worked for you?
My favorite kidney stone beverages...
While we are at it, coffee is not necessarily an herb but as a
kidney stone beverage
it should be imbibed in moderation. It does provide some beneficial
qualities for kidney stone sufferers--increased fluid intake, diuretic,
etc. But, be sure to re-hydrate as the fluid leaving your body needs to
be replaced! Dehydration and low urine production is one of the leading
causes of kidney stones.
I have also found benefits from drinking
a hot water and vinegar concoction
as well as
.Be advised, there are experts that will advise some kidney stone
sufferers against drinking cranberry juice. I understand their concern,
but I cannot argue with personal results. It increases urine production
and has helped me to pass a few stones.
Cranberry juice has long been know to combat yeast/bladder
infections. If you have ever had a bladder infection you know the
discomfort that accompanies the infection. Cranberry juice does the
Lemons and lemonade
have been know to act as natural cures for kidney stones. The citric
acid increases citrate levels in the bladder. Elevated citrate levels
help to decrease oxalate levels in the urine thus helping to prevent the
formation of calcium oxalate kidney stones.
Vitamin supplements like Magnesium Citrate and Potassium Citrate have been shown in studies to prevent stone formation by increasing urinary citrate levels. Read more about kidney stones and potassium citrate.
Does anyone have experience with this kidney stone remedy? I've seen it all over the web, but have not tried it myself. I'd appreciate your feedback.
Leave Kidney Stone Herbal Remedy and Return to KS911 Homepage
- Kidney Stone Pain
- You need kidney stone pain relief and need it fast! Here are some immediate pain killers to take the edge off while you figure out what to do next.
- Kidney Stone Symptoms
- What are some kidney stone symptoms?
- Kidney Stone Causes
- What are some kidney stone causes? Diet for kidney stones.
- How To Prevent Kidney Stones
- If you have recently suffered from a kidney stone attack you are probably wondering how to prevent kidney stones from developing in the future.
- Kidney Stone Treatments
- Various kidney stone treatments from extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy to laser surgery.
- Types of Kidney Stones
- Kidney stone hall of fame. Different types of kidney stones.
- Kidney Stones Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stones pictures
- Share Your Kidney Stone Story
- Looking for a place to share your kidney stone story? This is it. Read what other's have said and learn from their experience. Recipes, images, remedies, etc.
- Passing a Kidney Stone
- How do you control the pain when passing a kidney stone? Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and lots of water.
- Symptoms of Dehydration
- One of the surest symptoms of dehydration is the presence of kidney stones.
- Diet for Kidney Stones
- The best diet for kidney stones considers: oxalate, animal protein, sodium, fruits and vegetables.
- Kidney Stone Surgery
- When the stones are too large to pass on their own and other options have been tried, you may have to have kidney stone surgery to remove the dreaded stone(s).
- Kidney Anatomy
- Picture of kidney anatomy and urinary tract.
- The Kidney Stone 911 eBook!
- Kidney Stone 911 eBook your no fluff, no bull, no non-sense kidney stone treatment and prevention. A reliable and concise, “all-in-one place” resource that can be read off-line.
- Kidney Stone Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stone pictures.
- Kidney Stone Book Reviews
- KS911 kidney stone book reviews-paperbacks, ebooks, kindle books, etc.
- Kidney Stone Videos
- A collection of medical kidney stone videos as well as some humourous ones.
- Kidney Stone Shop
- The Kidney Stone Shop: supplements, herbal remedies, books, natural cures.
- Here's the latest!
- A place for kidney stone sufferers to share their experiences, episodes and photos.
- Kidney Stone Removal Report by Joe Barton
- A review of Joe Barton's Kidney Stone Removal Report.
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones: Potassium citrate has proven most effective in preventing and reducing existing kidney stones.
- Kidney Stone 911
- Contact Kidney Stone 911
- Medical Disclaimer
- Medical Disclaimer for Kidney Stone 911
- My Story
- My story has two themes: discontent and pain. Passing a kidney stone: a personal journey.
- Kidney Stone Glossary
- A comprehensive kidney stone glossary. Common kidney stone terms.