Kidney Stone Laser Surgery
A lodged kidney stone can be treated by using kidney stone laser surgery or laser lithotripsy.
is sent through the ureter to the offending stone or stones and a laser
is used to break up the stone or stones into small pieces that are then
retrieved using a basket like device.
A ureteral stent
may be left in place to prevent further blockage and promote proper
healing as the location may swell due to the trauma of the event.
the feedback I have received here at kidneystone911.com, this procedure
can be as uncomfortable although not as painful as the passing of a
stone itself. It is not something to look forward to, to say the least.
If you have experienced this procedure, I would like to hear
about it. So would thousands of kidneystone911 readers as well. Please share your story below.
Bleeding is a possible side effect, but most patients are back to normal within a couple of days.
Laser lithotripsy, has become the preferred and most effective
method of removing problem stones after other kidney stone treatments
Obviously, avoiding surgery is most desired but how.
Things to consider:
-natural home remedies
-supplements like potassium citrate and magnesium citrate.
-water intake...lots! (lots of urine too)
-dietary changes (also beverages)
-educate yourself (kidneystone911.com)
Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy
Laser surgery may also mean ESWL (extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy)
to some people. ESWL does not require invasive surgery but involves
“shooting” impulse waves into the kidneys to break up the stones. The
stones are then small enough to pass with relatively less pain.
ESWL seems to be the preferred method of physicians for treating
kidney stones once other methods have proved ineffective. The procedure
is quick, safe and provides for quick recovery.
My recommended water filter
Kidney Aid Herbal Supplement
"Be Yourself"-Launch Your Inner Entrepreneur
Your Kidney Stone Story
A Kidney Stone Forum
Have a kidney stone horror story?
What is your best kidney stone pain reliever?
What is your favorite kidney stone herbal remedy?
How big was the stone?
What changes have you made in your lifestyle and/or diet?
What advice would you give to other kidney stone sufferers?
Share you kidney stone product recommendations.
The best entry will be selected monthly and included in the KS911 Newsletter.
What Other KS911 Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
the size of a golf ball
Well my kidney stone was the size of a golf ball I just passed it.I have had surgery for my kidneys a year ago.They had to crush seven stones up so I could …
Kidney Stone Removal Not rated yet
Yesterday I went in for the laser removal of a size 7mm kidney stone. The surgery took about an hour and a half and I was completely under with anesthesia. …
Laser experience Not rated yet
Had laser lithotripsy procedure on a Thursday at 7a.
Was home by 12p.
In bed resting 2 days taking oxydcodone for the pain. If you don't take …
manish Not rated yet
I operated myself due to stone . After six month i feel some problem in urine discharge(pain & blood ).
Still I am on teatment but no improvement . …
Debbie, stone story Not rated yet
My story begins the day after christmas. Trip to the ER and sent home 5hrs later. Next day Trip to the ER, moripine and CT 6mm stone right side, 3mm left …
Click here to write your own.
- Kidney Stone Pain
- You need kidney stone pain relief and need it fast! Here are some immediate pain killers to take the edge off while you figure out what to do next.
- Kidney Stone Symptoms
- What are some kidney stone symptoms?
- Kidney Stone Causes
- What are some kidney stone causes? Diet for kidney stones.
- How To Prevent Kidney Stones
- If you have recently suffered from a kidney stone attack you are probably wondering how to prevent kidney stones from developing in the future.
- Kidney Stone Treatments
- Various kidney stone treatments from extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy to laser surgery.
- Types of Kidney Stones
- Kidney stone hall of fame. Different types of kidney stones.
- Kidney Stones Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stones pictures
- Share Your Kidney Stone Story
- Looking for a place to share your kidney stone story? This is it. Read what other's have said and learn from their experience. Recipes, images, remedies, etc.
- Passing a Kidney Stone
- How do you control the pain when passing a kidney stone? Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and lots of water.
- Symptoms of Dehydration
- One of the surest symptoms of dehydration is the presence of kidney stones.
- Diet for Kidney Stones
- The best diet for kidney stones considers: oxalate, animal protein, sodium, fruits and vegetables.
- Kidney Stone Surgery
- When the stones are too large to pass on their own and other options have been tried, you may have to have kidney stone surgery to remove the dreaded stone(s).
- Kidney Anatomy
- Picture of kidney anatomy and urinary tract.
- The Kidney Stone 911 eBook!
- Kidney Stone 911 eBook your no fluff, no bull, no non-sense kidney stone treatment and prevention. A reliable and concise, “all-in-one place” resource that can be read off-line.
- Kidney Stone Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stone pictures.
- Kidney Stone Book Reviews
- KS911 kidney stone book reviews-paperbacks, ebooks, kindle books, etc.
- Kidney Stone Videos
- A collection of medical kidney stone videos as well as some humourous ones.
- Kidney Stone Shop
- The Kidney Stone Shop: supplements, herbal remedies, books, natural cures.
- Here's the latest!
- A place for kidney stone sufferers to share their experiences, episodes and photos.
- Kidney Stone Removal Report by Joe Barton
- A review of Joe Barton's Kidney Stone Removal Report.
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones: Potassium citrate has proven most effective in preventing and reducing existing kidney stones.
- Kidney Stone 911
- Contact Kidney Stone 911
- Medical Disclaimer
- Medical Disclaimer for Kidney Stone 911
- My Story
- My story has two themes: discontent and pain. Passing a kidney stone: a personal journey.
- Kidney Stone Glossary
- A comprehensive kidney stone glossary. Common kidney stone terms.
Leave Kidney Stone Laser Surgery and Return to KS911 Homepage