Litholink is a group of physicians and scientists who have developed a
comprehensive kidney stone prevention program. Their website contains a
valuable collection of nephrolithiasis information:
3. kidney stone testing
4. dietary information
5. downloadable stone collection manual
6. testimonials from satisfied patients
7. specific test designed for patients with cystine stones
They have relationships with health insurance companies to assist patients with payment:
3. United Healthcare
Once enrolled in their program, you can take part in their prevention program consisting of:
1. Urine collection to determine type of stone formation.
2. Treatment and prevention plan.
3. Co-treatment plan with physician
4. Follow-up urine collection to make sure treatment plan is working.
Your treatment plan will vary according to the type of stone you are forming. Treatment may include
increased fluid intake,
Their professionals correspond with patients with reminders and follow-up testing as a part of their prevention program.
When you get to their homepage, you can click 'Patient' and then 'LitholinkStone'. You will then find tabs for:
2. Stone Testing
4. Insurance programs
Check it out!
I found out about this service on Duke University's website and Alan
Wasserstein, MD Director of the Kidney Stone Evaluation Center Hospital
of the University of Pennsylvania.
You may also want to watch a video by Michael Lipkin M.D. from Duke Raleigh Hospital
speaking to other Doctors about his research and treatment regime.
If you can keep up with the medical terminology, his presentation
is wonderfully condensed and informative. You will gain assurance from
his expertise and professionalism. You will also acquire an education
that will assist you in treatment and prevention. I especially
appreciated his explanation of the different types of stones and their
causes. He also covers diet, risk factors and
Informational video from the
Duke Comprehensive Kidney Stone Center
You'll be glad you did.
Leave Litholink Page and Return to Kidney Stone 911 Homepage
How much water should I drink
Kidney Aid Herbal Supplement
Kidney Stone Diet Secrets
Kidney Stone Removal Report
Your Kidney Stone Story
A Kidney Stone Forum
Have a kidney stone horror story?
What is your best kidney stone pain reliever?
What is your favorite kidney stone herbal remedy?
How big was the stone?
What changes have you made in your lifestyle and/or diet?
What advice would you give to other kidney stone sufferers?
Share you kidney stone product recommendations.
The best entry will be selected monthly and included in the KS911 Newsletter.
What Other KS911 Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
- Kidney Stone Pain
- You need kidney stone pain relief and need it fast! Here are some immediate pain killers to take the edge off while you figure out what to do next.
- Kidney Stone Symptoms
- What are some kidney stone symptoms?
- Kidney Stone Causes
- What are some kidney stone causes? Diet for kidney stones.
- How To Prevent Kidney Stones
- If you have recently suffered from a kidney stone attack you are probably wondering how to prevent kidney stones from developing in the future.
- Kidney Stone Treatments
- Various kidney stone treatments from extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy to laser surgery.
- Types of Kidney Stones
- Kidney stone hall of fame. Different types of kidney stones.
- Kidney Stones Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stones pictures
- Share Your Kidney Stone Story
- Looking for a place to share your kidney stone story? This is it. Read what other's have said and learn from their experience. Recipes, images, remedies, etc.
- Passing a Kidney Stone
- How do you control the pain when passing a kidney stone? Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and lots of water.
- Symptoms of Dehydration
- One of the surest symptoms of dehydration is the presence of kidney stones.
- Diet for Kidney Stones
- The best diet for kidney stones considers: oxalate, animal protein, sodium, fruits and vegetables.
- Kidney Stone Surgery
- When the stones are too large to pass on their own and other options have been tried, you may have to have kidney stone surgery to remove the dreaded stone(s).
- Kidney Anatomy
- Picture of kidney anatomy and urinary tract.
- The Kidney Stone 911 eBook!
- Kidney Stone 911 eBook your no fluff, no bull, no non-sense kidney stone treatment and prevention. A reliable and concise, “all-in-one place” resource that can be read off-line.
- Kidney Stone Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stone pictures.
- Kidney Stone Book Reviews
- KS911 kidney stone book reviews-paperbacks, ebooks, kindle books, etc.
- Kidney Stone Videos
- A collection of medical kidney stone videos as well as some humourous ones.
- Kidney Stone Shop
- The Kidney Stone Shop: supplements, herbal remedies, books, natural cures.
- Here's the latest!
- A place for kidney stone sufferers to share their experiences, episodes and photos.
- Kidney Stone Removal Report by Joe Barton
- A review of Joe Barton's Kidney Stone Removal Report.
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones: Potassium citrate has proven most effective in preventing and reducing existing kidney stones.
- Kidney Stone 911
- Contact Kidney Stone 911
- Medical Disclaimer
- Medical Disclaimer for Kidney Stone 911
- My Story
- My story has two themes: discontent and pain. Passing a kidney stone: a personal journey.
- Kidney Stone Glossary
- A comprehensive kidney stone glossary. Common kidney stone terms.