passing a kidney stone, the urinary tract really gets worked over hard!
Once the stone leaves the kidney, it travels slowly and painfully down
the ureter, grinding and scraping on its way down to the bladder. Oh
the humanity! Does it ever hurt.
Once in the bladder, the party's over. If you monitor your urine
output you may even get a glimpse of the precious stone. You'll want
to save it for bragging rights, believe me. When you tell them how much
pain you were in, they may not be that sympathetic. The evidence does
provide some consolation, though your audience still may not appreciate
the magnitude of your excruciating ordeal.
may now experience some residual pain, as your ureter resumes its
normal task of providing an exit route for your urine. If you
experience a general "malaise" in your lower regions, you may be the
victim of a bladder infection.
For a wonderful, quick remedy, go
I have experienced lower back pain prior to passing a kidney
stone as the stone prepares its way down the ureter. I have also felt
the discomfort of the offending stone passing through the urethra!
Once, while bending over to install tile, I felt a sharp pain in
my penis. I reached down to feel what was going on and felt something
sharp in the tip of my penis. I then got myself a large glass of water
to prepare for the purge of this
Sure enough, when I went to relieve myself, out came the barbed
boulder. Of course, I retrieved it from the toilet for further
inspection. (I keep all of my stones now. That is if I can find them.)
This would have helped:
A more serious condition may develop and that is a
Other Online Kidney Stone Natural "Cures"
Leave Urinary Tract and Return to Kidney Stone 911 Homepage
How much water should I drink
My recommended water filter
Kidney Aid Herbal Supplement
"Be Yourself"-Launch Your Inner Entrepreneur
Your Kidney Stone Story
A Kidney Stone Forum
Have a kidney stone horror story?
What is your best kidney stone pain reliever?
What is your favorite kidney stone herbal remedy?
How big was the stone?
What changes have you made in your lifestyle and/or diet?
What advice would you give to other kidney stone sufferers?
Share you kidney stone product recommendations.
The best entry will be selected monthly and included in the KS911 Newsletter.
What Other KS911 Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
- Kidney Stone Pain
- You need kidney stone pain relief and need it fast! Here are some immediate pain killers to take the edge off while you figure out what to do next.
- Kidney Stone Symptoms
- What are some kidney stone symptoms?
- Kidney Stone Causes
- What are some kidney stone causes? Diet for kidney stones.
- How To Prevent Kidney Stones
- If you have recently suffered from a kidney stone attack you are probably wondering how to prevent kidney stones from developing in the future.
- Kidney Stone Treatments
- Various kidney stone treatments from extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy to laser surgery.
- Types of Kidney Stones
- Kidney stone hall of fame. Different types of kidney stones.
- Kidney Stones Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stones pictures
- Share Your Kidney Stone Story
- Looking for a place to share your kidney stone story? This is it. Read what other's have said and learn from their experience. Recipes, images, remedies, etc.
- Passing a Kidney Stone
- How do you control the pain when passing a kidney stone? Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and lots of water.
- Symptoms of Dehydration
- One of the surest symptoms of dehydration is the presence of kidney stones.
- Diet for Kidney Stones
- The best diet for kidney stones considers: oxalate, animal protein, sodium, fruits and vegetables.
- Kidney Stone Surgery
- When the stones are too large to pass on their own and other options have been tried, you may have to have kidney stone surgery to remove the dreaded stone(s).
- Kidney Anatomy
- Picture of kidney anatomy and urinary tract.
- The Kidney Stone 911 eBook!
- Kidney Stone 911 eBook your no fluff, no bull, no non-sense kidney stone treatment and prevention. A reliable and concise, “all-in-one place” resource that can be read off-line.
- Kidney Stone Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stone pictures.
- Kidney Stone Book Reviews
- KS911 kidney stone book reviews-paperbacks, ebooks, kindle books, etc.
- Kidney Stone Videos
- A collection of medical kidney stone videos as well as some humourous ones.
- Kidney Stone Shop
- The Kidney Stone Shop: supplements, herbal remedies, books, natural cures.
- Here's the latest!
- A place for kidney stone sufferers to share their experiences, episodes and photos.
- Kidney Stone Removal Report by Joe Barton
- A review of Joe Barton's Kidney Stone Removal Report.
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones: Potassium citrate has proven most effective in preventing and reducing existing kidney stones.
- Kidney Stone 911
- Contact Kidney Stone 911
- Medical Disclaimer
- Medical Disclaimer for Kidney Stone 911
- My Story
- My story has two themes: discontent and pain. Passing a kidney stone: a personal journey.
- Kidney Stone Glossary
- A comprehensive kidney stone glossary. Common kidney stone terms.