Vinegar and Kidney Stones
If you have tried all of the other potions, vinegar and kidney stones
may very well be the best! A daily dose of this beverage has been
verified by many to reduce the formation of kidney stones.
I've been drinking a concoction consisting of:
*1 capful of Bragg's Organic Raw-Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
*1 teaspoon of honey
*1 cup of hot water
I've noticed decreased pain in my kidneys as a result and after
doing some research on the web have found others that have corroborated
Acid vs. Base
The debate is wether or not the vinegar raises urine pH. Vinegar
has a pH of 2.9 which is relatively more alkaline than acid in the
stomach. Technically anything above 7.00 is 'basic' or alkaline,
anything below 7.00 is acidic. So if you have an upset stomach, drinking
a vinegar solution would raise the pH and provide some relief from
heartburn as well.
The leading factor in kidney stone formation is concentrated urine
production leading to crystal formation in the form of kidney stones. If
one can keep the urine diluted, the risk of kidney stone formation can
recipes call for more vinegar than others, depending on your taste. My
wife can hardly stand to be in the kitchen when I am preparing my
concoction! The kids don't like the smell either. Oh well, I like it
and it seems to be doing the trick.
We have hard water here in Montana that creates a build-up
around our sink and coffee maker. The trick to cleaning the hard water
deposits is to run vinegar through the coffee maker. Perhaps the
vinegar has the same effect on kidney stone crystal formations as it
does on hard water crystal build-up in the coffee maker.
Do your own Google vinegar and kidney stones search and see what
you find. I believe you will be convinced, as I was, after your
through. Please come back to share your findings.
Lemon Juice and Kidney Stones
Natural Cures for Kidney Stones
Kidney Stone Beverages
Kidney Stone Diet
Kidney Stone Home Remedies
Kidney Stones and Lemonade
Cranberry Juice and Kidney Stones
Leave Vinegar and Kidney Stones and Return to KS911 Homepage
My recommended water filter
Kidney Aid Herbal Supplement
"Be Yourself"-Launch Your Inner Entrepreneur
Your Kidney Stone Story
A Kidney Stone Forum
Have a kidney stone horror story?
What is your best kidney stone pain reliever?
What is your favorite kidney stone herbal remedy?
How big was the stone?
What changes have you made in your lifestyle and/or diet?
What advice would you give to other kidney stone sufferers?
Share you kidney stone product recommendations.
The best entry will be selected monthly and included in the KS911 Newsletter.
What Other KS911 Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
- Kidney Stone Pain
- You need kidney stone pain relief and need it fast! Here are some immediate pain killers to take the edge off while you figure out what to do next.
- Kidney Stone Symptoms
- What are some kidney stone symptoms?
- Kidney Stone Causes
- What are some kidney stone causes? Diet for kidney stones.
- How To Prevent Kidney Stones
- If you have recently suffered from a kidney stone attack you are probably wondering how to prevent kidney stones from developing in the future.
- Kidney Stone Treatments
- Various kidney stone treatments from extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy to laser surgery.
- Types of Kidney Stones
- Kidney stone hall of fame. Different types of kidney stones.
- Kidney Stones Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stones pictures
- Share Your Kidney Stone Story
- Looking for a place to share your kidney stone story? This is it. Read what other's have said and learn from their experience. Recipes, images, remedies, etc.
- Passing a Kidney Stone
- How do you control the pain when passing a kidney stone? Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and lots of water.
- Symptoms of Dehydration
- One of the surest symptoms of dehydration is the presence of kidney stones.
- Diet for Kidney Stones
- The best diet for kidney stones considers: oxalate, animal protein, sodium, fruits and vegetables.
- Kidney Stone Surgery
- When the stones are too large to pass on their own and other options have been tried, you may have to have kidney stone surgery to remove the dreaded stone(s).
- Kidney Anatomy
- Picture of kidney anatomy and urinary tract.
- The Kidney Stone 911 eBook!
- Kidney Stone 911 eBook your no fluff, no bull, no non-sense kidney stone treatment and prevention. A reliable and concise, “all-in-one place” resource that can be read off-line.
- Kidney Stone Pictures
- A small collection of the most common kidney stone pictures.
- Kidney Stone Book Reviews
- KS911 kidney stone book reviews-paperbacks, ebooks, kindle books, etc.
- Kidney Stone Videos
- A collection of medical kidney stone videos as well as some humourous ones.
- Kidney Stone Shop
- The Kidney Stone Shop: supplements, herbal remedies, books, natural cures.
- Here's the latest!
- A place for kidney stone sufferers to share their experiences, episodes and photos.
- Kidney Stone Removal Report by Joe Barton
- A review of Joe Barton's Kidney Stone Removal Report.
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones
- Potassium Citrate and Kidney Stones: Potassium citrate has proven most effective in preventing and reducing existing kidney stones.
- Kidney Stone 911
- Contact Kidney Stone 911
- Medical Disclaimer
- Medical Disclaimer for Kidney Stone 911
- My Story
- My story has two themes: discontent and pain. Passing a kidney stone: a personal journey.
- Kidney Stone Glossary
- A comprehensive kidney stone glossary. Common kidney stone terms.